Support - Alimony & Child

Money paid by one parent for the benefit of their children.

This is a document created to govern the relationship between the parties relating to the decisions that must be made regarding the minor child, ie: the child's care, health, education, physical, social and emotional well being. It shall include a Time-Sharing Schedule.

This is a timetable included in the Parenting Plan that specifies the time, including overnights and holidays, that a minor child will spend with each parent. It must be ordered by or approved by the Court.

Formerly, this was the term used for the parent who does NOT live with the child.

Formerly, this was the term used for the parent who does DOES live with the child.

A court order that instructs the payor's employer to withhold the child support payment from the payor's income and send to the SDU or directly to the other parent.

Child support is obtained through a Judicial Court Order. This can be done by contacting a private attorney or the Department or Revenue, Office of Child Support Enforcement.

The FLSDU is required by Federal Law to collect and disburse child support payment's by the Court.

By check payable to:
State of Florida Disbursement Unit (FLSDU)
P.O. Box 8500
Tallahassee, FL 32314-8500

By credit card at:

Or at any MoneyGram agent location. Contact 1-800-MONEY GRAM or visit for a list of locations.

There is a statutory clerk fee. The clerk fee equals 4% of the payment, up to $5.25. This fee applies only to privately filed cases. This fee must be paid with each payment that is made.

A case filed by an attorney or a Pro Se Litigant. The Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement is not involved in the case.

Full name (First, Middle, Last)
Social Security Number
Case Number
County (where court order is located)

At any participating MoneyGram agent location, fill out the applicable form or use the MoneyGram phone (if available). You will need to provide the following :
Company Name - MyFloridaCounty
Receive Code - 7233
Your Depository Case Number

The depository number is the 2-digit county number combined with and 11-digit case number.
Example: 08YY0001234CA

A notice served to the payor/obligor when the record indicates the payments are delinquent pursuant to statutory guidelines.

The Clerk (in the county where you filed) is the "Official Record Keeper" and is responsible for:
1. Initially setting up the case
2. Maintaining a written record of all court hearings
3. Tracking the payments (if payments are made through the court by order of the court)
4. Collecting and disbursing some child support payments (if payments are made through the court by order of the court)
5. The Clerk of Court does not assist with or provide enforcement of Child Support

Many spouses pay the other spouse directly. You are responsible for maintaining your records

The Department of Revenue, Child Support Enforcement office is located at:
1649 Tamiami Trail, Unit 1A
Port Charlotte, Florida 33948

Or Call 1-850-488-5437

Your payments are not subject to postal service delays. There are no lost or stolen checks. You will not have to go to the bank to deposit your payments. You will receive the deposits whether you are ill or on vacation. Funds may be available sooner than mailed payments.

If the Florida Department of Revenue currently handles your case, you must contact their office in order for direct deposit to be set up. They may be reached at 1-800-622-5437 or their office is located at 1649 Tamiami Trail, Unit 1A, Port Charlotte, Florida 33948

Direct deposit will begin after the Clerk's Office has received your completed authorization form. This normally takes 2-3 business days to activate. Any payments received between the receipt of your authorization form and the start of the direct deposits will be mailed to you.


Yes, however a Court Order signed by a Judge is required

Yes, there is a Supreme Court approved packets that can be purchased at the Clerk of Court Civil Division, or the forms can be downloaded from the Supreme Court website.

Support will automatically stop once the child turns 18, unless the court order mandates a different date. Please note that if your case has been transferred from another state, you may be required to continue paying child support past the age of 18.